All dancers performing solos/duos or trios at GWDF 2020 must purchase a compulsory competitors ticket / programme package when placing an online entry. This will allow the dancer/s unlimited entry through-out the festival weekend and an emailed festival programme.
Please note – all age limits, for all solos/duos/trios and troupes events, are taken from 1st Jan, 2020.
Entries for GWDF 2020, close Sunday 26th April, 2020.
- “MY FIRST EVER SOLO” (This event is for 1st time performers who have yet to perform a solo in any dance competition before 1st Jan 2020 – the solo can be any style of dance)
- JAZZ SOLO (Funk or Cabaret or Modern)
- ACRO SOLO (Acrobatic Skills and Elements)
- TAP SOLO (All Tempos, and any Style of Tap)
- LYRIC SOLO (Slow Balletic Based Movement)
- CONTEMPORARY SOLO (Free Artistic Style or Abstract Feel)
- CLASSICAL BALLET SOLO (Tradition Ballet – No Demi Characters)
- HIP HOP SOLO (Street Style or Commercial )
- SONG OF CHOICE – SOLO (Any Vocal Style /No Dance or Costume Required )
- SONG & DANCE SOLO (Equal portions of song and dance to be performed)
- BOYS ONLY SOLO (The Boys May Repeat 1 Solo Routine They Have Or Are Going To Perform At The Festival To Enter This Event)
- OPEN SOLO – This event is for the dancers who have an extra solo routine they would love to perform. As in an extra Jazz, Tap or Lyric, Contemporary, Demi – Character or Hip Hop Solo (The dancer can not repeat a routine they have already performed during the Festival)
- GLITZ SOLO (Can Be Any Style – e.g. Tap, Jazz Or Cabaret – Costuming Must Be High”GLITZ”)
- DUOS – Jazz/Hip Hop, Lyric/Contemporary, Classical Ballet (Inc Demi Character), Tap, Variety & Song & Dance
- TRIOS – Open to all dance styles
- TROUPES – Events in – Jazz, Lyric/Contemporary, Classical Ballet (Inc Demi Character) Tap, Song and Dance, Hip Hop, Acro & Cheer and High School Dance Teams.
- TROUPES – Large troupe events -13 or more troupe members. Small troupes events – 12 or less troupe members.
- PROPS: GWDF 2020 now has a musical time limit of 20sec to get props on and off stage. When checking in music, please advise the music center if props are being used in a item. To keep the festival running, as placing props on stage in past GWDF`s has proved very time consuming, there is a musical time limit of 20sec to get props on and 20sec time limit to get the props off. Failing to do so will result in that performer/performers being ineligible for major awards.
- SOLOS PLEASE NOTE: soloists`s can only enter 1 solo per event. As in; They can not perform 2 or more solos in the same event.
Age limit for all events at GWDF 2020 will be taken as of Jan 1st 2020.
Please note all dancers performing solos/duos or trios – must purchase a compulsory competitors ticket/programme package – this will allow the dancer/s unlimited entry through-out the festival weekend and an emailed festival programme.
GWDF 2020 is open to all dancers & performers who do not receive a full time wage performing or working as a full time performer or dancer.
All GWDF 2020 competitors and patrons enter the venue and festival at their own risk. GWDF 2020 is not responsible for any injury that may occur on stage, or anywhere else in the venue that may happen to a person or patron during the 2020 GWDF. This also pertains to loss of property, GWDF 2020 is not responsible for any damage or loss of any property that a GWDF 2020 patron might incur. GWDF 2020 has the right to refuse entries at their discretion.
GWDF 2020 reserves the right to delete, combine or split events as necessary.
Solo events – will be divided into restricted and open events.
Restricted solo events – are limited to competitors who have never gained a 1st, 2nd or 3rd place in that style or category at any age in any dance competition from 1st Jan 2017 up to 1st Jan 2020
Please note – In the case of an “Open” dancer learning a new routine that has not been performed thus far – this does not then qualify the dancer to go back into restricted events, if the dancer has placed 1st/2nd or 3rd in the category they are entering – with any routine in the past 3yrs, the dancer must then compete in the Open Event.
Open solo events – are for the competitors who have gained a 1st, 2nd or 3rd place in that category at any age in any dance competition from 1st Jan 2017 up to 1st Jan 2020. Please note – in any category regardless of any other dance competitions your dancer may have entered; highly commended (4th), 5th or 6th placing under, does not qualify the dancer to enter open events.
Solo age limits for restricted & open sections.
6yrs & un / 8yrs & un / 10yrs & un / 12yrs & un / 14yrs & un / 15yrs & over.
DUO AGE LIMITS: DUO AGE LIMITS AS OF THE 1st Jan 2020.
12yrs & un / 13yrs & over
Competitors may perform in more than one duo in any duo events within their age group.
TRIO AGE LIMITS: TRIO AGE LIMITS: AS OF THE 1st Jan 2020.
12yrs & un / 13yrs & over
Competitors may perform in more than one trio in any trio events.
TROUPE AGE LIMITS: TROUPE AGE LIMITS AS OF THE 1st Jan 2020.
12yrs & un / Open
Two or three students may dance down an age group for troupes – please only use students that are up to 12 months older. This will help keep smaller troupes together. Please do not abuse this privilege!
Troupe members do not need compulsory competitors ticket to gain entry on Troupe Day.
No refunds will be given: you send your entries with this understanding, clearly knowing and accepting once entries are received on or before the closing date of 26th April 2020, no refunds will be given to any persons for any reasons by the conveners of GWDF 2020.
GWDF 2020 : time limits – as there is a no points system used at GWDF 2020, we ask that you use the time limits below as a guide so that routines are not too long.
- 8yrs & Under – Solos – 3mins Max
- 9yrs & Over – Solos – 3 1/2 mins max
- Duos & Trios — 3 1/2 mins max
- Song & Dance – Solos/Duos/Trios – 4 mins max
- Troupes – 5 mins max
- Student Choreography – 2 mins max
- Improvisation – 1 min max
ALL MUSIC TO BE PLAYED ON CD’ S ONLY.
CD’ S to have only 1 Track on each. All CD’ S to be Good Quality, Clearly Marked with Performers Name, Age Limit and Category. Please bring a back-up copy. Please remember to hand your music in before section starts and to collect when section is finished. GWDF 2020 will not be made responsible for any competitor’s music during or after completion of festival.
Staging / Curtains / Props.
Please note – to save on time – No stationary props or decorative staging for any solo/duo/trio or troupe – Props must have valid reason and be used through-out the routine/s.
The stage curtain will remain open for all sections – the only exception will be for Troupes. Every Studio will be made responsible for their student’s props before, during and after performance times. No props to be stored backstage, or in dressing rooms.
GWDF 2020 will not be made responsible for any Studios or Competitors props during or after completion of festival.
The Backstage Area is a closed area.
Competitors aged 8yrs & under may have a senior dancer or a studio staff member to wait backstage with them. Competitors aged 9 yrs & over, no friends, teachers, parents to wait with them backstage. Competitors aged 9 yrs & over must check in with Backstage Marshall.
IMPROVISATION & STUDENT CHOREOGRAPHY SOLO EVENTS.
No Costumes Required. Tidy appearance, Dance/Practice wear style clothing. The adjudicator will chose and supply the music for all improvisation sections.